Back to work on Bror… Finally

Well, I didn’t get out as early as I would have liked this morning, but I got working on Bror again. It occurred to me where I had left off with him… I had decided last fall that it would be easier to put a new set of belts on him NOW while he’s somewhat apart… So I found my primary belt I’d bought back in 2011, and the secondary that I had bought thinking I’d be redoing Wally’s belts and I set to work…

Here’s a comparison of the belts


You can tell just by looking at them that the old ones are stretched…

So, while I had the belts off, I inspected the variator pulley…

I found that it was full of crud from having sat for years, but underneath the crud I could see shine…


So I cleaned the crud out, unearthed all the shiny then just for giggles tried to move the center pulley… And I could get it to move just a fraction of a mil, so I figured I should work on it…

So once I was comfortable with the variator, I put the belts back on… That’s a longer job than I would have anticipated, as its hard to fit the belts back on… Then I strapped in the engine (still have to tighten it) and put a steering wheel on…

So next steps:

  • Generator reinstallation
  • Gas tank reinstallation
  • The hydro pump…
This entry was posted in Bror and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.